1. I am the slowest walker in the world. I guarantee you that toddlers walk faster than I do. People have gotten mad at me for this since the day I learned to walk, but I accept it. I was told once that I meander through life, and I feel like that is a great description to my view on life.
2. I have been fired from more jobs than I have quit.
3. When I first moved to Boise I bought a trailer for $500. I didn't have hot water, my fridge was hooked up through an extension cord and plugged into my neighbors trailer for power (in exchange for me letting him park his Harley's in my carport), I didn't have a working oven or stove the entire time I lived there, the power would go out if I had any appliances on while trying to vacuum, and I was missing 2/3rds of the roof and it was covered by a tarp. I found all of these things out after I purchased said trailer from the old man I bought it from. I lived there for over a year though and made it work. I would shower at my dad's trailer which was 2 down from mine, and I had a toaster oven and hot plate that cooked my food.
4. The best job I've ever had was when I worked for Americorps. I worked at an elementary school tutoring K-6 graders in basic math and English.
5. I don't understand Reddit. I feel like I should seeing as how it basically runs the internet, and I like the internet, but it just confuses me. There's too much happening for me to follow a thread. I like Imgur more cause I can click on a picture and that's all I have to do.
6. The most important person in my life was my grandma. She died when I was 16 and I went into a major downward spiral of depression and mass amounts of anxiety. I finally got my shit figured out when I was 19 and have vowed to never be that person again.
7. I have struggled with anxiety since I was a kid. I started taking medication for it about 8 years ago and it has helped me level out and be more normal. I don't generally like talking about it, but I just put it on the internet so I guess I actually am ok with it.
8. I love social media. I wish I didn't, but I really do. A lot of people say that people are different when they are on Facebook or Twitter or YouTube, but the way that I see it is that people are their real selves. It's hard to explain, but I think that the way people act and the way they are at heart are different. I think that it's easier for people to be happy and show their true selves when they aren't face to face with peer pressure etc.
9. I LOVE rap. There is a new wave of rap coming around these days that is much more upbeat and a lot more real than rap of the past, and I have been eating it up! It's not all FBGM and "I got shot 8 times" and the n-word it's more about enjoying life and living in the moment. Some of my favorite current artists are Atmosphere, Classified, Macklemore, Grieves, and Lupe.
10. I count a lot. I count my steps when I'm walking. I count how many steps I walk up if I'm going up stairs. I count how much I pedal when riding my bike. Whenever I'm driving down Apple St. between Boise and Gekeler how many manhole covers there are, because there is an excessive amount (I've counted between 26 and 30. We're gonna say there's 30) I count to calm my mind before I go to sleep. If I am just counting cause I'm in my head I ALWAYS count to 100 and then start over.
11. I am secretly glad that the Sonics moved to OKC because I have never been able to wear the color green and I would like to support the home team but I've never been able to.*
*Yes, I am aware that the Seahawks have horrible neon green in their color scheme as well, but at least I can get away with the blue.
12. I have always wanted to be a personal assistant to someone. I think it would be fun just doing stuff for other people all day. If not that then I would like to be a PA on a movie or tv set. It's weird to some people, but I would enjoy doing the gopher work.
13. I've never done drugs in my life. I had no desire to. Never smoked weed, never had a cigarette. I've had one complete alcoholic beverage in my life, and that is cause my roommate got hammered one night and all but forced me to drink a Washington Apple. For the record, it was gross.
14. I love to watch the commentary on movies and t.v. shows. If I own a movie, I've watched it with commentary. Speaking of, the weirdest movie commentary I've ever watched was for Old School; That shit cray! (That's for you Marissa, if you read this.)
15. I cuss. I am not necessarily proud of it, but I do. Sometimes I feel like it's necessary for emphasis, other times it's cause I'm around people that cuss. Personally I'm ok with it, but I don't think that an educated 27 year old woman should cuss as much as I do.
16. I used to think of myself as a music snob, but now I don't. I appreciate music for the art and talent behind it. I used to make fun of people for liking music that I thought was terrible, but now I've got a "to each their own" attitude. Don't make fun of me for liking Bieber, I won't make fun of you for liking something as terrible as Metallica. (BTW, I like almost all music, but I'm NOT a metal fan.)
17. I remember the most ridiculous things. I remember a conversation I had with a gas station attendant 6 years ago, but I legitimately cannot remember what I did on Monday night. I remember almost every interaction I have with someone, but can't remember to take a grocery list with me when I go to the store. It kinda sucks. I also have what I would consider a photographic memory where if I go into a room I can remember what it looked like and who was standing/sitting where.
18. In the last 2 weeks I have had 2 dreams involving Nathan Fillion and my birthday. They were both rad, but it's a little disconcerting that I have had 2 dreams in 2 weeks when to my memory I can't remember ever having a dream with him in them. Both of them had him showing up to my birthday celebration, so I guess I really want to invite him to my birthday.
19. It's not something that I would consider a fear, but for the last 2 years I have wondered if I might die at 27. I am aware that I am not a musician and I'm not famous, but I have thought about the irony of joining the 27 Club (click here) I am 99.999999 percent sure that it's not gonna happen, but WHAT IF IT DOES?!
20. I am not really a hypochondriac, but I really enjoy using hyperbole when it comes to my sicknesses. One time I was deathly ill with the stomach flu and I told everyone I had Ebola-AIDS. I most definitely didn't believe that one bit, but I found it hilarious. I must have read it somewhere, cause I don't think I could make up something that awesome on my own.
21. I make damn good grilled cheese sandwiches. Use Orowheat bread, cream cheese, Kraft singles, then grill. SO GOOD.
22. I am really good at spelling. I know the proper uses of there/their/they're. I know that a lot is 2 words. It is a huge pet peeve of mine when people don't use those things properly. It's funny though cause while I am good at English, I am the worst at math. If someone was to be like "you annoy me cause you can't multiply 12x8" I would not take that well.
23. When I go to the bathroom at work whatever stall I first go in I go into that same one throughout the rest of the day.
24. I love Little League baseball. When I was in 7th grade my brother and I were visiting my dad and we didn't have a lot to do so we watched like 3 weeks worth of the Little League World Series, and I've been hooked ever since. There's just something about the hope and the competitiveness and the innocence of it. I've been watching every August since then.
25. My old roommate won The Price is Right several years ago, and one day when my friend Dewey and I were both having terrible days she let us watch the video of her on it, with live in-living-room commentary. Sometimes now when I have a bad day I think of that day and laugh.
26. I am a fairly picky eater, but if you fry it I'll most likely eat it. (This is a large contributor to my fatness, I'm fully aware.)
27. I have 3 main goals in life.
- Go to South Africa
- Go to the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA
- Travel to all 50 states